Saturday, January 21, 2006

Thank god that is over

After a number of nights crying myself to sleep (120 or so) it is over.

After 4 months of: I am the worst mother; Why didn't I get baby on a waitlist for the good daycares when p-man and I met in '90?; How could I not sign up for that Montesorri one earlier?; MIL2 is right I should work all day to pay for a nanny so she could visit at a more convenient time for her?; I am a bad bad parent!

I figure everyone must think I don't care at all, I am so disorganized. I mean it is bad enough that I go to work at all?

But she took the deposit yesterday....Yaaahooo it is over. I have a new childcare arrangement.

Despite my being 16 weeks pregnant Lovely Lily at Batman daycare (not their real name, unfortunately) will take us in. It is one block from my house. Hooray, p-man can do drop off to my pickup instead of my doin' both. I can get to work earlier and come home earlier! All the references report Lily is great; add to that there is the most splendid playroom with no TV and the price is good too. Unbelievable. We can keep a spot for e a couple times a week when I am home with Baby 2, now called the nuthatch.

I can breathe again.
I can sleep again.

My ass has been saved. Am I no longer a bad parent. Phew, how sweet it is to be semi-competent again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Allthough I love my kid, i also love my daycare, but so does she. She looks forward to going everyday.
You are not a bad parent, you are one who knows your limitations. Too many think they can do it all and then crash nd burn. I unfortunatly know one young lady like this. (sigh)

As for pony info - thanks tons! That pony I am sorry to say sounds just a bit too much for a first pony. More suited for a 7+year old that is raring to go. My folks live just outside of Langley so we just need to keep our ears open.
Cheers!

2:46 p.m.  
Blogger jdg said...

maybe you should call it "batcave" daycare.

12:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home