Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Baby Girl

Four years ago you came out.

Those days so lacking in volition. You were all mine and I was all yours.

tonight the half moon hangs low, tinged lemon yellow.
everything soft focus and sweetness.

I shiver in the dark with love, and sorrow and wonder and joy. Sending a heartful to other mothers and other little girls that may come out of a night like this. Coming out the way you came upon me my blessed girl.

I was so young. There was so little I really knew until you. My love, my teacher of heart, failure, strength, attraction, spine and innocence... on and on and on.

In the morning you will be four years old. So full of volition. So beyond dear. 30 cupcakes a badge to bear at child care with friends, of whom you have so many.

You are so much less mine in degrees.
I am beyond proud.


the nolstalgia

Updated to add: And come she did, that other girl. Welcome, be well dear bonnie lass of cribchronicles, most earnest congratulations to mother-bon and family. we could not be happier for you all.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

Oh, happy, happy birthday sweet little girl!

7:24 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

I just now saw bon's post. It looks likely that Miss Fancy and Hughloise will share a birthday. Oh my!

And part of a name b/c bon said that Miss Fancy's name was her own grandmother's name and would be used as one of her babe's middle names. It's also the name of one of my beloved sisters, btw.

7:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Fours, Miss Fancy! A round of cupcakes on the house!

8:12 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Happy 4th birthday Miss Fancy!


(Wait, does that make her little miss fancy and me big miss fancy? 'cause I would love people to call me miss fancy.)

10:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous poetry for her birthday.

Hope you saved yourselves some cupcakes. They're wasted on children, really.

1:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home