Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy to be Daddy

I have had a terrific day. I attempted to elaborate in an earlier draft (ok, the earlier draft) but rapildy lost the thread in detail. I was going to describe the weather (which was great) to the barbequed steaks (which were dead-on) however I can only type so fast with 2 digits and I am very tired staying up last night, as I did, muttering about Winky's fate to those who'd listen. (Which was nobody. I was muttering to myself about a boxer I'll never meet not losing a fight he arguably should have won. I need help.)

I enjoyed a great evening with my dad, his wife (no, I did), my inlaws, wife, and child. It was one of those infrequent evenings when I felt light and largely unconcerned. Mo, who is super pregnant right now, and ailing slightly after a fall at an open house last week, was a ROCK I tell you. We attempted to attend an open house, but it was closed. Funny thing, this house: two weeks ago it came out on the market listed at $x. It stayed on the market for two weeks, which is pretty rare in the hysterical market we are um, enjoying at present. The listing agent re-advertised the house at $x plus $80,000 (yes, an upward movement) and now it has apparently found a bidder. I am moving here instead of looking any longer for a house in this town.

This morning my daughter gave me something she made at daycare. It is me, she said so. "I" kind of look like the image below but am a real egg with stuck-on features, specifically, a mouth and eyes. I understand e held out for the "eyes" sticker which came with glasses. What a peach. Set me up for the day.

Now that I have conducted some brief research into the beginning of Father's Day to discover it is not owned by Haliburton I can wish genuinely that dads all over had at least as great a day as I had the good fortune to enjoy.

P-man out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This might be the most lighthearted post in the history of the p-man! What happened to my favorite curmudgeon? Could it be that Father's Day has brought out the softer side of Sears? Anyway, glad to hear that you had such a terrific day, p-man. Happy Father's Day!

8:15 a.m.  
Blogger jdg said...

agreed: the new p-man, now with 100% less evil.

11:50 a.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

How could anyone who looks like a bespectacled Easter egg (Humpty the Librarian?) be evil?

And, um, Mo-Wo FELL?

3:11 p.m.  
Blogger jdg said...

try a bespectacled Easter egg with a kilt and a broadsword. evil.

4:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home