Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bad Parenting Confessional : Mo' Woe indeed


God, a tough week at the Wo household.

1. I am sooooooo tired. 1 month to the EDD and I am wiped. I had been waking in the night for a while. Now, I am staying up quite late. Tiiiirrred. What is this sleep training for next month's schedule? Or is it something else?

2. 3 weeks left of work. Remember I work for the school board? You know June is sort of a busy time; not necessarily conducive to someone who's brain is goin' like Swiss Cheese. I got 100 locations to wrap service on, and about 10 projects to close or write up for a handoff to the replacement, interviews Tuesday. I tell myself it will help when I know who the replacement is, what they know and don't know.

But it won't.

3. Since the move to the bed e. has had only about a 45% nigh-night success rate. Quite a few nights bedtime routine is getting stretched to 1 to 1.5 or almost 2 hrs. It is, of course, our fault. We don't know what we are doin' and all our inconsistencies are resulting in some pretty ugly late night moments.

That said a late night for e. remains 9pm; so we are quite ridiculous shitheads.

I am gonna take tomorrow off and spend some quality time with my girl which I expect to be the best medicine.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I didn't read anything bad - just tired.

Enjoy your tomorrow.

11:39 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Don't worry. It's just being pregnant.

5:24 a.m.  
Blogger Sandra said...

Wishing you a great day off. Sounds like you deserve it :)

7:55 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Ugh, I remember having a hard time sleeping the last month or so of being preggy too - it's just so damn uncomfy, even swaddled between two body pillows with Misterpie clinging to the far edge of the bed! By the time she arrived, I was totally out of it already - not an auspicious start.

I am hearing you suffer from the same disease about work that plagued me too - but somehow I've come to realize that indeed, there'll be spring every year without me, as Eliza Dolittle said. The world has yet to come to a screeching halt for lack of a librarian. sigh. It's tough to let go though, isn't it? We're just so used to being reliable.

8:49 a.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Awww...I remember feeling like that.
The best thing I did was plan my mat leave a month before my due date. That way I could spoil my boy on his birthday and spend as much time with him as possible gearing up for the big day.

The bed thing? Yeah...when you are tired it is hard to stick to plans and routines. I end up using ANYTHING that works....usually No.1 son in our bed.

Don't beat yourself up.

9:05 a.m.  
Blogger L. said...

I wasn`t even pregnant when I left my last job (just moving across the Pacific), and I still remember that frantic feeling in the pit of my stomach... "must...prepare...everything..." GAH!

I still have anxiety dreams about it.

Rest and quality time with the youngster sound like the best thing you could do. Hang in there!

10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

I was dead-assed tired at the end my pregnancy, and that was doing it without (external) child. I can hardly imagine the triple-whammy of preggo, child and work (I was preggo, no child, and dallying over academic papers).

Take that time off, enjoy the girl, let her enjoy you. Kick back in the grass, sniff some flowers, eat some fruit, the kind that spills juice down your forearm when you bit into it. If it's raining out, build a fort out of pillows and laze around inside with storybooks and popcorn.

Chillax.

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I remember those end-of-pregnancy days too well. Put your feet up, read a book to your daughter, and relax. Enjoy that moment between just the two of you (or three of you, if you include P-man.)

6:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home