Thursday, June 01, 2006

BEDTIME!



This has been the week for moving e. from crib to bed.

She likes the bed and although we didn't quite make her put it together herself; when it was nearing completion e. declared: "I do IKEA!" Yes, honey. Yes you do. She was quite good with the dowel-ly bits and we did put her in charge of tool distribution. Bears were a big help, of course. Didn't matter if you asked for a screwdriver or a hammer usually. In her 'do IKEA' a hammer will always suffice. Yes, honey, 'You do IKEA'

Sleep tight.

ps... For the curious, we are 4 nights into sleepin' in the bed and it's goin' pretty good. Fell out of bed last night at about 2:30 and came to visit us one morning at 4am. Hopefully, we'll work through it all by Sunday. Fingers crossed.

5 Comments:

Blogger L. said...

Good one.

We "do Ikea," too.

We get our older son to put everything together for us, and just help him hold up the heavier pieces as needed. Everything goes much quicker that way.

3:52 p.m.  
Blogger illahee said...

poor girl! i fell (rolled) out of bed a lot when i was little. word of caution: if she has a cradle for her doll like i did, don't put it next to the bed (just in case she rolls out onto it like i did! LOL)

10:27 p.m.  
Blogger Sandra said...

My guy's first bed was from Ikea too and he got right in there and "helped". I love the "I do Ikea" line.

7:41 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

yeah, I rolled out a LOT as a kid too - you might consider side rails if it happens much. I think I will when Pumpkinpie's turn comes, as she is pretty restless.

She is going to get my old IKEA bed from university days.

7:46 a.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I need to "do Ikea" sometime. Can you believe I've never stepped foot into an actual Ikea store? Horror.

Congrats to E. on her new bed. Such a big milestone.

6:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home