Sunday, August 27, 2006

QUACK

A few ponderous souls out there have been thinking and rethinking that astute quote from MD last week.

"Personally, I've always thought that a great marriage is like a duck. On the surface, it looks cool and effortless, but underneath, everybody's paddling like hell."

Really my marriage is not so ducklike Metro... I believe yours may be. But our marriage is rather more like a hedgehog... Everyone *thinks* they'd like one but they are sooooo annoyingly introverted as to make you want to throttle their darlingness. And, from time to time, they tend to anoint themselves in a curious and arrogant manner.

Happy Anniversary honey! And, still "The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one."

So, dear readers... what sort of animal is your marriage?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love the duck analogy.

Maybe my marriage is like a dog. I don't mean that in the bad way, but that it involves unconditional love, but it takes a lot of work.

4:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...I love the hedgehog analogy, Mo-Wo! And best wishes to you two on your anniversary. Have fun celebrating.

7:11 a.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Happy anniversary you two....

I am still trying to think of an animal...
I am stuck on the duck, but I keep thinking a duck that is upside down, flayling its ass in the air while it scrabbles at anyfood down below....

does that make sense?

9:24 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!

It's probably too soon in my marriage to use this comparison, but I think most marriages end up like this...

"The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be."

But, dammit, she (meaning, the marriage) may be gray and slightly beaten down but she still keeps going.

10:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy. The platypus. Defies description.

10:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hedgehog and the duck : )

I think my marriage is like a goat. We gotten through a lot of ups and downs easily and with grace, but nevertheless we still butt heads occasionally. And we like to sit together and eat "junk".

I just found your blog. I like it! I always wanted to be a librarian.

12:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home