Thursday, August 10, 2006

Nightly News

There she was in her bed better than bundled. Us parents just made our way in to turn off the glowing star of Ikea child room cuteness (but questionable safety). In the dim light I could see her restful face, finally restful.

Tough night for my girl tonight. There have been a few since the boy moved in, er out. Still, she has been a trouper and even lovely in her frustrations at times. The delays on bedtime lockdown come in the form of 'wanna say nigh-night to Baby Nuthatch' and 'wanna kiss 'im, wanna kiss 'im on the cheek, Mommy!' Some pretty classic delay tactics but sweet as well. Tonight I did let her take a supplementary visit out of the sleep zone to say that extra good night. Following we did manage to get her tucked in with not too much more complaint. A little hugging and some understanding that it is a tough time. She is really still my baby too you know, only 23 months today. She's nervous, a little fearful and fretful. All makes sense.

We don't stay in her room with her so I did what I could to reassure her and then simply weighted her down to keep her pinned. She did look darling just now in the pinpoints of light under a duvet and a blanket. Tucked in with a row of almost a dozen fuzzy heads. Nigh-nigh, Girl Friday and nigh-night to bear, little bear, baby bear, giraffe, lion and mouse, and to rabbit and to Pooh, and little Pooh and tiger and all the rest. To sleep my honey, you're doing a great job. Your the best help a Mama could have. Sleep. sweet dreams.

3 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

oh, sweet, sweet E. I love the sleeping toddler - so still after a day of whirling.

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

So sweet.

9:52 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

"To sleep my honey, you're doing a great job. You're the best help a mama could have."

Now, this is the very first thing that I've read anywhere that soothes my anxieties about bringing another child into WonderBaby's realm. For a zillion reasons. Soothes my heart.

5:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home