Thursday, November 08, 2007

Recommended Title: Grumblebunny


I shall, for want of the interest and time to post about my latest theory of government (our PM is, in fact, a crypto-Islamist), recommend the above title. The book is for your kids, because it is full of cute rabbits. It does not pander to your kids, because these rabbits inhabit a difficult and inhospitable world. That, and the titular character is clearly depressed. As opposed to normative kidlit, which tells the reader that danger does not exist, that actions are free of unpleasant consequences, or that a prince is waiting somewhere to sublimate your daughter, Grumblebunny appears to stand for the proposition that one must be an individual, and one must be conscious, in order to survive.

Or maybe I am reading to much into this book. Let me know... You can check for at copy at your library by clicking here.

P-man out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

Umm, not having read the book, I would say just from the title that this appears nightmare inducing. What I absolutely love (viewing just the cover on Amazon, because I now only purchase children's books when the dog has mangled library material and I have no choice-BEWARE-Mythbusters cost $35!) is that this story required 2 people to tell it, one to tell the story, and another to supply pictures. Gives me a whole new career to consider!

10:50 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

We thank the library for our copy Johanna..

8:18 a.m.  
Blogger Johanna said...

Oooohh,sorrysorrysorrysorry, I read quickly and disractedly and thought first description was of this book...anyway I am a big big jerk and promise to read you in silence and never comment again and will check out book tomorrow-head hung in shame.Again,sorry, I am actually having little heart palpitations of shame.

9:05 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best review ever.

5:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home