Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lipstickedness is Next to Cluelessness

Since I have returned to work I have made a, extended effort in the deportment department. While some of it might have to do with setting a suitable example for my young daughter it mostly reflects 1.) the expansion of disposable income, 2.) a general need to get noticed in the position I fill and 3.) the relief of not either being a nursing mother or pregnant chick for the first time in nearly 5 years! Hey there have been some sweet styles out between 2003-2008 I seriously missed out on. What's in and what's out is a mystery to me. What's up with the pointy toed shoes? I'm all over that if it's just in. What about the preppy thing, is that new or almost over? I am seriously without a clue. Help! Vintage is always bullet proof right?

It has gone pretty well the revitalization project. Despite my overall cluelessness I have garnered some attention with my good new dresses, some nice suit jackets, those super cute red patent shoes and so on and so on. I got a new do and I've exploited a lovable new shade of lipstick, Rum Raisin. Last week I was flattered by the hep chick at the office-side soup shop at lunchtime, "That's a really great lip colour!" she said earnestly. Seriously! I had already tipped her the 58 cents for the $5 freaking soup. So nice, eh?



I like the colour. It is wearing fast and putting to shame the old Wine with Everything, I find doesn't go with anything anymore. I am a lipstick lame-o I tend to keep a single shade in my repertoire for years! Lucky I seem to have a hit on my hands. But tell me this, what about you? I'd love to get to know our readers better through the lively taglines of their lipcolours? Is the cheesefairy's shade something with the word nude? Mad do you count on Rosewood Fury? Nonlinear? Whatcha got in your cosmetics bag? Geoff G. is it Chapstick or L'occitane's Immortelle? Come on give us a little lip!

And, would someone please tell me when they stopped calling it lipstick?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

Back in the day, I wore MAC lipstick. Every year that we'd trek back to Edmonton, I would treat myself to one new stick from the MAC shop in Southgate Mall. My standby was "Del Rio". "Lucid" was earmarked for blend-into the woodwork days and Viva Glam II was what I wore on the town. Most days, though, I forgot to wear it altogether.

Just last month, I realized I couldn't find any of my old lipstick kicking around the house. Miss M and I went to Shopper's and I picked up a Loreal "Pure Burgundy" and a TruShine "Wine Shine." More fitting for me these days would be Whine Shine.

BTW, MadDad told me that your entire family was delightful and lovely. Now I'm off to look for a new shade of toe nail polish: "Green with Envy."

Oh and because he's a bit of a dolt sometimes, Mad Dad forgot what is was. It is a soap dish. Nothing more. Plunk it down in the guest bathroom.

9:31 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Ever faithful, I reply: currently toting three sticks -

Glow Bronze (clinique)
Frost (mac)
honey lip balm (burt's)

Guess which one sees the most action?

9:32 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

(oh, and seeing Mad's comment, I must note that I too was a "del rio" girl in the old days)

9:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always been a bit scared of conventional lipstick because it's dark, it smears, it's noticeable when it wears off. Not being a big makeup person (quelle surprise!) I have long clung to lip GLOSS as my colouring of choice. I mean, even for a night out it was always lip balm plus a quick glide of colour. One time I went to MAC for a free makeup lesson and came home with Viva Glam but I think I only applied it once or twice.

Apparently I am afraid of my own mouth! Crazy!

Anyway. My recent glosses of love are: Garnet (by Terra gloss / Alba) and a little discount pot called Chocolate Truffle.

But my toes are painted with "It's a Doozi says Suzi."

12:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home