Monday, January 26, 2009

52 Reasons: Tipping Point

I feel the tipping point. In the mire of embarrassment when any unfriendliness emanates from my kid. Cowering in the face of a hit or shove. I am, as they say, out of excuses. Save one..

Blame the mother. I mean I do.

I have seriously thought, and threatened, to stop going out with them to save the double worries of their weaknesses and mine. The punishing rancour of my self-consciousness knows only one remedy. More time, more of MY parenting. Brute force I get; balance has a nuance that fails me. I am no Ace. No easy-winner. I come from a long, long, long line of workhorses. Participant performers with nothing to show for their days but the comfort of a job done. Hey, I resent power steering.

It's been more than six months hard labour home/work. The jury is in, I am not up to full time. I need to put every iota of brain power I have into this family life. Working my goals AND coming up with a melodious, nutritious menu plan for the week is more than I can offer this world.

Plan B here we come.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

Wait. Does this mean you're leaving work?

10:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. And we all blame the mother. Interested to hear about Plan B.

9:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to holler "stop the ride, she wants off!" for you. Can I?

Is Plan B you move to my neighbourhood? Next door neighbours have listed their place, same size as ours.

3:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home