Monday, April 20, 2009

Convention

I was at a library conference last week.

In my extended absence I told my kids where I would be. I would be with other librarians talking about libraries and maybe what we could be doing that would be new or different.

I asked them what they thought libraries should do differently. Here are the 3 strategic directions for libraries by our Girl Friday and the Nuthatch.

1. Decorate!
2. Get a new sign. Bookshop AND library.
3. Give away toy dinosaurs

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

This is more sound than much of what I've heard library directors propose.

6:17 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Given Ada's response to a local restaurant that has toy dinos available for use by patrons, I think that third suggestion definitely has merit (at least for kids of a certain age).

8:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 3 strategic directions for my local library:
1. automate
2. automate RIGHT NOW.
3. stop having the typewriter-impaired high school page type up cards for the card catalogue. PLEASE!

Followed your link. Wish I hadn't. Have deep abiding fear of murals. Chemainus is my hell.

1:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home