Monday, July 03, 2006

Hack, hack, wheeze, pull-eeez

So Friday was my last day of work. Tomorrow will be my return to stay-at-home-momedness! This could be good.

To celebrate the freakin' virus that p-man had for like 3 weeks took hold of both me and the kidlet. In a word FRACK!!! Kid recovered in a couple days. Me I am goin' into day 6 and am thoroughly pissed. I only booked myself 1 week of solo child time and this is how I am going to spend it? 300lbs, no cleaning power and hacking all night? And, did I mention that it is 50 million degrees outside? Further, I am suffering a secondary hyperbole infection!!!

So, bring it on reality! More stress. I can take it. Silver linings so far unfurled:
1. Determination that ex utero child will continue to sleep when others move about the house leaking and wailing at 1, 3, 5 and 7 am, good news
2. Response time on the maternity call group to be rated good to excellent
3. Quality of foods prepared by p-man under kitchen strike conditions Satisfactory ++ (god bless bbq season)
4. Husband 'pulling himself up by fabled bootstraps' to 'just do it' partial differential equation, ∂w ∂x + y = y (x, λ) -- worth knowing
5. Complete railroading of herculean nesting instincts of the mater in question, definitely for the best at this point

Now pardon me ... my airway is nearly completely constricted, AGAIN. Bless 'em for the green light on the cough syrup after all.

ps... all those great plans to catch up on my blog commenting are a bit askew at this point, forgive me friends... hopefully I'll have a lovely baby photo to make up for it soooooon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

14 days here!
I was hacking my brains out for over two weeks!

I feel very bad for you.....this heat.

I vaguely remember how FUN that was.
No wonder I didn't balloon up with Caity like I did with Adam...sweated it all off!

The best thing about this cold was that I lost weight!

Sit there and stuff kleenex up your nose and all will come together for you.

Your cold will go and the labour pains will hit and BLAM!!!

Helooooo no. 2 baby.

Oh..and the beers are sooooo tasty in this heat.
And the large bottle of Jackson Triggs that I polished of tonight wasn't so bad either!!!

hee hee

I have resorted to blackmail to keep Adam in bed.

"If you don't sleep now, how can you (swim/play/see nana/watch dvd's,etc) tomorrow!!"

Works so far.

9:24 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

What a lousy time for a cold (not that there is any good time - just some not as bad as others).

Get well please. You have a baby to deliver. Soon.

11:17 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Am waiting for that baby photo, and am thinking of you.

You're not getting sympathy on the heat, though. I know Vancouver heat, and it ain't Toronto extreme heat warning/smog advisory/step outdoors and you die sucka heat.

But you are about to pop, and AC is rare in Vancouver, so I'll cut you some slack. Ice cold lemonade and feet in bowl of cold water.

8:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! Hope that cold is gone SOON!

Just focus on the fact that in a week or so you'll have a brand new baby in one hand (well, arm) and a refreshing G&T in the other!

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I don't know why, but I had visions of you giving birth this weekend. Instead you're just horribly sick. Sucks.

Mmmm.. BBQ.

1:44 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

ugh, I always feel cheated when I'm sick on vacation too. Sorry you aren't enjoying your last few days so much!

2:12 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Ugh, sounds like an ugly cold. I hope you can get some naps in pre-child2.

10:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home