Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Save the Adverb

I believe I have dropped the hint that I am currently living the work-from-home dream nightmare. It is a writing assignment. It is not going well. Case in point.. I just tried to resolve the following thought:

"should often still " -- ?????

After 5 minutes and an argument with the pointless grammar functions of MS-Word I realized I need only one word. Consistently.

When your work day is 1 hour long and your workload is 140 hours in 12 weeks this sucks. Must work harder...

4 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Being that dh is losing his hair trying to work from home and that I couldn't even do two days a week OUT of the home because my job still demanded that I think...

I don't know how you are doing.

Let me know if I can help...

I can babysit E or something if you like!

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

I went back to my wire service job in Tokyo when Little Son was 14 weeks old, and I was horrified to discover I COULD. NOT. WRITE.

...which was a big poblem, considering writing 2 or 3 articles a day was what they were paying me for.

I got the worst performance evaluation of my life that year. The "fuzzy brain" feeling took about 8 or 9 months to get better, and didn`t go away completely until I weaned him.

All of my brain cells were busy doing other things, I guess...

9:54 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

I feel your pain a bit, though I have a full at home work day today, exiled to the spare room/office. I'll help you if you help me. So - what's a good alternative phrase for "high performance health system" (someone else uses this one, people didn't like "high value" - what's a policy wonk to do?)

4:01 p.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Gah..I posted earlier..I tagged you guys for a meme.

Figured you could use a break.

9:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home