Thursday, October 12, 2006

To anthropomorphize some more


It turned out that Wednesday was BUSH POST DAY!! who knew?? When p-man and Sarah both got on the topic I ended up leaving -- roughly -- the following at Sarah's great blog

You know being surrounded by Peter Rabbit blankets and books filled with talking geese or vacationing hamsters can ramp up the anthropomorphizing tendencies... but with this one I have gone over the edge.

On impromptu trip to a park this past Sunday I used someone's abandoned fleece coat as a rag. It was raining just before -- I was solo-parent child-wrangling on the weekend (which tends to make me a bit "edgy") ...

I picked up the coat and said to it 'Your owner will wash you up when you get home, right?' - I guess coat said yeah 'cause I proceeded to sweep sand and water from the slide and jungle-gym-tunnel with it. E.s bum was plenty soaked already and by the end (pun intended) of our play... her damp bum was so sand encrusted she look a bit like a Notre Dame Gargoyle. Happy though thanks to not getting so wet as to shiver in the cold.

Thanks coat!

ps.. like the new tagline??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, one time I said "Thank you cabinet" when the tupperware piece I needed fell on me. (My twins were like six months old, I was seriously sleep deprived at the time.)

Ahem. I may have actually used your tagline in the course of normal conversation today at home.

(sigh)

9:06 p.m.  
Blogger Lumpyheadsmom said...

I'm just struck that Bush Post Day had nothing to do with politics or anything dirty, but actual shrubbery. Huh.

6:55 a.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Love the new tagline.

I don't save my witticisms for the dogs alone, I talk to my car, my computer (constantly), my clothes, my food. I could go on but rereading that sentence made me realize just how truly sad my life has become.

7:39 a.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Geez that tag line gets used here every bleedin day!

And totally know what you mean!

8:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new tagline!

And it said, "thanks, I like me, too"

8:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home