Sunday, November 26, 2006

Bad Parenting Confessional

You know sometimes she is just so two. Today, as she ran off despite commands to stop... As we argued over soup at lunch... As I looked down at all the magnet letters on the floor I did not even try to make her clean up...

When the teeth grit and the voice gets harsh I have to admit to being a bad parent. That's the confessional in this post. I cannot deny that since I took a second youngster on I have slipped a bit in all my positive parenting. I do tire and cut the corners to just pick things up or toss a smartie after a problem. I'm not quite meeting the standard of trying of best they way I was a year ago.

So, sometimes we aren't the parents we want to be. And how is that? Well, that's too bad, eh?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Come to my house and see corners so cut they are round!

See me say yes to cookies for breakfast just so YOU WILL LEAVE ME ALONE FOR TWO MINUTES!

Yah....

We do what we have to do.

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Yeah, like CC just said. And you know what, our kids will likely turn out just fine inspite (because?) of us.

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

The kids had pie for breakfast.

Pie is nutritious. It has milk and it has eggs. Also pumpkin.

I can rationalize anything, given the opportunity.

3:42 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

We should start an online support group for bad parents but, unfortunately, it would grow far too large for any server to handle.

4:28 p.m.  
Blogger Heather Bea said...

I have had the moments especially once our second child came on the scene two years ago. I know the kids will be fine and they won't remember these bad parenting moments when they are older.

10:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home