Thursday, November 16, 2006

On the Boil


This is not a post on the subject of my ongoing battle with acne.

Vancouver is under a boil water advisory at the moment. There is something extra in our water supply as a result of recent rainfall. Apparently the water supply is very turbid.

At first I was confused. I couldn't understand what Sikhism and the need to boil municipally-sourced water had in common. Is this news item some kind of racial slur? When I realized it didn't, I was still confused - fish live in water, Why should we be greedy? But this is freshwater... clearly it can't be that happy flat fish, no. Has our water supply been attacked by authors of bodice rippers and their evil produce?

It will take more than boiling water for 60 seconds to kill that.

P-man out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home