Thursday, November 09, 2006

In Blog Years

My dear partner already noted earlier this week that we would like to revisit some golden content from Mother-Woman '05 later this month. I'll tell you I have been jumpin' around a lot of the new and old right click haunts and thinking a lot about blog-quality. I have a theory -- if I may posit it. Blogs are best fresh. True? Maybe it is the intensity of the stories told early on as a blogger establishes their avatar? Maybe it is the novelty or maybe it is simply the speed of the medi[a]/[um].

Blogging is a fast communication and it ages fast... I think some of the pining for anonymity and other stuff over here is the freshness issue.. There is certainly something important to learn/remember about parent blogging, too. It is a lot more straightforward to tell the tales of our infants that it is to post on the lives of our little girls and boys. I admire those who do it so well. These kids are not in fact our intellectual property are they? They are characters in their own lives not in ours actually.

But back to the topic at hand... I guess I think blogs age sort of like dogs; one year equals seven. With our blog going on one-year old.. I am aghast that I would put our drek out there for seven years. I remember in our first few months of blogging the getting-to-know came very fast and it seemed to take a matter of weeks to feel like you 'reallly got to know' a commenter/their blog. I also remember how our lives were different with time to think about our writing and very clear enjoyment of getting started. We had some good stuff that was never read that I will indulge in reposting on their anniversary dates. As usual we love the feedback from the elite bleader of MoWo, ah we lucky few.

Let me add... I have read some really great new bloggers recently and you should too -- If I only had bookmarked the links. Ah well I guess I owe you... The newbies are doing great stuff... Remember when we were young my friends? Those were the days.

ps.. if you haven't read p-man's meme response do it I think it is hilarious; and that means a lot coming from me. I'll come through on the book meme I owe L. from last month tomorrow or the next day I think!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Ah, I do remember the early days. So innocent, so easy.

Now I'm old and hardened to blog life. How I long for blog youth.

6:21 p.m.  
Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Oh, Mo-wo, do stop. Your blogging and comments have enriched us in so many ways, and you are always daisy-fresh to these tired eyes! Happy blogaversary!

12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home