Thursday, October 26, 2006

One for Three

As reported my son is a newborn no longer. In these past three months I have ventured away from him 3 times. This weekend is my birthday and I will do it again. Please wish me luck since I have never had a really good time on any kind of 'baby-break' until my kid is like 10 months old and dead asleep when I creep out.

Sad, aren't I.

I know I should be all on it and confident about getting 'me time' but I don't really get 'me time'. Trust me it ain't no martyr complex I just simply can delay the gratification of a really good martini until such time that I will not be returning home to a anxious baby who has turned purple with rage and hunger.

To date me and Baby A. are one for three. When he was less than a month I went out to our coffee place bought coffee and chocolate cake; he slept the whole time, great! The second month, p-man and I went to an open house for 15 minutes and I left him with my Mom, he turned purple -- as advertised -- because our village has some idiots members that don't know how to burp a baby. The third month I went out for 'me time' vis a vis latte and a bookstore for 54 minutes... I returned home to this. Oh, the look you can get from such a little person, who knew. He breastfed as soon as I got home for 20 minutes solid the whole time communicating -- 'what were you thinking?... I mean where were you?? ... I thought you were never coming back, you know??? Yes, I know.

So as I say... this weekend. Late night pool tables, a good single-malt menu and a-what-have-you-dessert menu will do just fine, honey. Don't count on me to take on a 5 course meal and enjoy myself. Besides, last time I checked another birthday will be upon me before I f'ing know it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Hee..I think the first time I went out after Adam was to see Moby....I was hysterical from my 'confinement'....it was all a blur.

With Caity...yes I enjoy the freedom and getting away and we do as much as we can...but yeah...the payback is a bitch.

5:42 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Hey, happy birthday fellow Scorpio. My birthday is coming up before the end of the month as well.

My daughter is a cling-meister. 21-months-in and she is just now letting me leave the house without histrionics. And it's not that you don't love them or don't want to spend all your time with them but, sheesh, at some point a 5 course meal or a cut and colour sure would give a gal a boost.

Enjoy your evening out no matter how truncated it becomes.

7:17 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Yeah, I agree that if you can't enjoy yourself, what's the point? We get out every once in a blue moon now and do enjoy it, but it's still lots of prep work and also bloody expensive, so it's not frequent for now.

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

Happy birthday! I do hope you are able to enjoy the scotch, and the tiny one is able to pretend for your sake that he is fine without you. A night out, even a mellow and abreviated one, is very good. (Ha. What do I know? By commenting now I am unveiling my exciting social life that allows me to be home on saturday night, with laptop, couch, wine and fireplace...)

9:18 p.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

I am sorry we didn't get to join you for birthday drinks....

Everyone was shattered after the halloween chaos and I soooo wanted to go

Sigh...

I miss pretending to be childless couples.

8:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home