Thursday, November 02, 2006

Double Happiness

So the radiant and delightful Mrs. Chicky asked some of us in the this blogourhood to speak up about good blogging out there. She noted that when the death knell rings out for a blog its comment boxes swell up with 'don't do it' and 'but we love you'. In a plea to arrest the annoyance this presents her (rightly so) she asked for asyncronous-spontaneity about weblog content of grace and quality. Thoughtfully, though she suggests we present some typographic caress to a worthy URL out there, all the while leaving open the option for more pedestrian emotions, as necessary. Thanks. She is very special in herself, this Mrs. Chicky, as I think you'll agree.

Blogs to love.. well let's say... blogs I value... nay blogs I need. Two for the show, people.

Exhibit A : The Homesick Home
I have to date made clear on more than one occasion that this is a blog I revere. At times it seems like the mysterious and enchanting eeellLLLLL...... is blogging on a clock. That we will only have her words to live by until such time as the family returns to Japan and the homesickness ends. Say it is not so. I can't imagine ever losing this blog from my route-knowledge of parenting until such time as I gain a new outlet in life and alienate myself from the odd comfort of laptop friendshipping. L's posts are simply the best of the best. She most effectively skirts well-noted commodification of children issues that dorkier parent-bloggers sometimes fall into. She entertains lightly at times, knee-slappingly and eyes-drippingly at other times... and also engenders great debates worth having... and much of this is done in a manner so in sync with the medium as to make one figure she has some special gift. Which of course she does... no disrespect to the rest of us but -- ahem -- she's a writer. It shows. She doesn't make a theatre of her life or the lives of her kids/partner. She writes a report of her views into the web instead. L. offers a wide range of topics from her life to political life, social issues, international family raising, commerce and nutrition. There is more than I could say (and the linking on this should run to about a dozen href's but I am tiring) so let me put it this way: The clear, unequivocal manner of this voice on the web is a standout and a true benefit of the proliferation of blogging.

And, she's reliable. She posts everyday really, sometimes twice a day. I like that, because let's face it, I'm high maintenance.

Exhibit B: Crunchy Carpets
It was a delight to me to find a local friend blogging with me this year. She is reliable (please note above) and a lifeline for me since I now have two kids -- like her! I think she is bonus to the genre, too.... but mainly I can't live without her since it was she who shared with me the priceless mantra: "With your first you try to do everything right. With two you try to do the best you can." Smart, huh?

So there you go -- two blogs that are the best. Except for all the others which are also good.

ps... if there are typos here I'll catch them later.. I'm off to the doc with snot-nosed kids, sigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Oh great, another fabulous blog to read. Jeez, you people are killing me with your wit and fine writing skills.

:)

Great choices (I already loves me some Crunchy Carpets)! Thanks for spreading that love.

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Ooooh thanks....

I really appreciate it...

sucky hugs and all to the woman that got me started.

I haven't done my love in yet..

It is killing me to pick!!!

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Um, did you just call me a dork? :)

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

Oh drat
MadHat...
Should I rewrite that?

I was trying to call you the author of an important bit of blog-introspection...noting well.

10:34 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

Oh........ THANKS for the kind words -- and don`t worry, I will keep on blogging until such time as I, too, gain a new outlet in life and alienate myself from the odd comfort of laptop friendshipping (or, until I go back to work fulltime, and subsequently have a complete nervous breakdown, and the doctor takes my computer away).

4:15 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Two great blogs, already faves of mine (along with THIS fabulous blog.)

7:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home