Saturday, May 13, 2006

Eclectic Koolaid Acid Test [Pattern]

Upon terra firma you people scare me. I had a list of mother groups in my neighbourhood, at the community centre and over at a church grinning and welcoming me in the moments after the placenta hit the floor... but I did not go. I had mat leave buddies that drifted off once mat leave wrapped up and I know 4 new mom's for the '06 season. I do not write. I do not call. For the most part...

... For the most part I hold this family together with duct tape and dental adhesive, go to work, tolerate the relations and spend all time spare to that in love with my beautiful baby girl. A pretty full life, made fuller though the comfort of my asynchronous mama contacts on the Interweb I tap into whenever I suits me. They compose an ideal social set for a very, very lazy and somewhat selfish person with time management issues.

Her Majesty, Her Bad Mother, has put it to me, and to others, this Mother's day to carve the ruts in the information highway a little deeper via her blog. I am supposed to give-over the really good Mamas I love and why I love them. All in response to a myopic newbie blog-hog who endeavoured to attack a good hunk of my blogourhood as being mindless drones of shocking sameness. Can this person read? No koolaid here 'cept maybe the kind drawn by Kesey.

I do believe HBM wants me to help her with the heavy lifting of rehabilitating the world-wide reputation of Canadian mother bloggers after this recent fender-bender. Am I up to it..? Well, I do love a good quiz so here's my response to the Contest ... I'll reframe it as Mo-Wo's reads, the Eclectic Koolaid Acid Test Pattern. Some readers might require protective eyewear
These Mothers are sharp and in the truest definition of acid, so sharp at times as to cause mental pain. I love it. Call me crazy. Count 'em up and you'll find a stay-at-home, a couple of work-at-homes and a go-to-work mama. Three kids, two kids, one kids, too -- then bless the cookie who's with me on cookin' up a point-two. What is the common thread? Na-da. Special, special people.

I expect those coming here come with good understanding of the established value of HBM to the blogourhood so over and above that lady, here is my set, nothing but a sip of the koolaid in a sea of really really clever chicks that can be found via the blog-rolls on any one of these... They are all special and different, my compass, North and South, East and West.

1. Cookie, who taught me to love my child without worrying if I didn't always love motherhood.
2. SJ, who showed me the way into all this. What a voice.
3. Kittenpie, who showed up late and put me on a second wind, introduced me to group of new blogs I needed to know; and, made me change my template.
4. L. who has never written one post, not one word I did not find interesting.

If they don't mix it up enough for you guys... drop in and get some free family management guidance from Mary, or get a touch of kindness from Granny or make it a regular thing to listen to that lady that belongs to that Chicky Chicky Baby. I can't stop! Please see my blog-roll, and all of theirs, too!

It would be more than remiss to not acknowledge the sage voice in MamaBlogging, the queen of frankness who I first kowtowed to in celebration of a very new year around here, MIM. Honey, you da man.

And as a last word must go to the most, loving, inspirational, well-spoken and trenchant -- or is that sensitive? mommy blogger I can't do without. Godfather of my blog genre, and I mean this with the love people, I heart Dutch ... most of the time. Honey, you are some mother.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Thank you for the inclusion. I don't officially qualify but I feel like I do most days.

Ann

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

Finally got Mother's Day posts up. One for each mother. It was too confusing otherwise.

3:26 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

LOVE. IT.

Brilliant. To all those (to that one) who proclaim this 'hood a Koolaid joint, you give the best rejoinder. Bring on the acid.

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger BITE MY COOKIE said...

woah. that one line (about me, of course) moved me. as you often do, mo.

i am honored. thank you.

the love is mutual and requited.

9:52 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

What Mary said. Oh well.

10:43 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

That's great mo-wo. It's funny, the more I read the ladies I have enjoyed, the more I find little things in common. I too stayed away from the groups in the neighbourhood, but love the friends I have found in the laptop. You are such great ladies. Thanks for the love, mo-wo. You'll be getting your own sometime later today when I polish mine off. And the last thing I need is more blogs to read, but I must check out your other couple that I don't read, since I'm sure your taste is good!

6:11 a.m.  
Blogger BITE MY COOKIE said...

woah. that one line (about me, of course) moved me. as you often do, mo.

i am honored. thank you.

the love is mutual and requited.

7:39 a.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

I just keep adding comments over here.

I'm an open book and probably one of the least anonymous people on the net.

Trouble is, most of it is in bits and pieces scattered all over the blog. This is the first time I've tried to put some of it together. I'll come back with a link that will let you know more.

10:21 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

This is just a chronology.

I did a lot of biographical stuff in the first month or so of the blog. Just haven't gone back too much lately and I tend to forget newer visitors turn up. Maybe I'll post it again.

10:26 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

Last time I promise. I just wrote a post and included 3 links to ancient history.

1:17 a.m.  
Blogger L. said...

Wow, thanks (she says, bowing her head and blushing).

I skipped Mothers` Day all together this year.

10:50 a.m.  
Blogger jdg said...

gosh Ann Adams cracks my shit up sometimes. you are one dynamic lady.

and thanks Mo, that makes up for the crack about my head.

9:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

2:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home