Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wo Family Open House Project Episode 4

Two more reasons I won't be moving from this house. Despite the two open houses we are going to this afternoon.

FINCH

These guys nest here each year. Sing beautifully and look like this on a sunny morning. They did lose one fledgling to our man Flip shortly after E. was born. I decided our girl was even tempered when my complaining to p-man on the phone was interrupted by my blood curdling screams at the sight of Flip with the bird in his mouth. Bird dying right there in my bedroom, way to go tough guy E. was 3 weeks old and nursing and it did not faze her one bit.

CLOTHESLINE

I am cheap! I refuse to buy exfoliant; preferring to line-dry my towels.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

A clothes line ... love air dried towels..so jealous!

Your fowl beats our pigeons any day :)

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

That clothes line is great. I get so disgusted with the restrictions on clotheslines in the tracts. What's so horrible about sheets and towels drying on a line.

Sorry - that's in the USA - I don't know if that's true of Canada.

1:53 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

Granny, the law in Vancouver is no new clotheslines. I hate that rule. Every house I look at I'm like does it have a line or not? Grandfathered lines are ok.

I shouldn't have just said I was cheap but also lazy. I simply refuse to iron anything, really. Dry it on the line and all the cottons come our generally crease-free for NO effort!

4:18 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

How do you keep the songbirds from crapping on your towels?

7:40 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

Leave it to L. to ruin a perfectly good image. Here I was dreaming of lines full of billowing sheets (with no cats sitting on them) and L. comes up with bird s--t. Thanks for comment btw - they never sit on dirty laundry. Never said they were stupid.

I hate those zoning laws. We scream about the environment and saving energy but we don't allow clotheslines. How dumb can that be?

I don't iron either. I think I own one but I'm not sure where it is.

I have a line stretched across my semi-enclosed patio but it doesn't get the direct sun and the breeze. I use it in the summer though.

11:00 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

The clothes line! I thought that I was the only one!

Perfectly good laundry system and I line dry. How can one not?

6:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home