Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ask Wotan

Gee Wotan, how do you feel about being the guy behind 'hump day'?

Who do you like better: Loki or Doug Henning?

What's with Norwegian cinema- why so glum, chum?

I haven't been posting much lately. I am attempting to follow the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" aphorism re: the online self, but it's difficult. I say it is difficult, because who wouldn't want to potshot, ventilate, and otherwise froth at the silly, the stupid, and the pompous from the safety of one's laptop, or Wotan forbid, your office computer (Hi boss!), even if one possesses all of the criteria set on the "Are You Silly, Pompous, and/or Stupid" test? I know I do (on both accounts). Lighthearted sniping from the binary Maginot Line is fun- sure, the war has long sincee passed me by, I am surrounded by attractive and dangerous men in leather boots and riding pants... wait, that's something else.

What I am saying is, I have discovered I do not have much to say unless what I have to say is, in some manner, negative. I would comment on that phenomenon but I don't have anything nice to say about it. The result of all this navel-gazing, this sad little navel-lint-weaving exercise is I am unsure what I would even have to say if I wasn't trying to take a run at someone although I am about to try. My concern is that I will be left with little by way of subject matter beside oblique self-reference and a description of my life's events. Is that the point? If it is, I can assure you now, if you suffer from insomnia, you won't after reading me typing about me. Me on me action. Meology.

PMO

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, it's YOUR blog. If you want to be all negative and spew bile, go for it. Personally, I enjoy reading your curmudgeonly posts. It's like living with my cranky uncle all over again. Bring it on!

8:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home