Monday, April 17, 2006

Baby names selections for the week

So after listening to our weekly serving of classical music yesterday we have come up with what we think is a really great baby naming strategy. What could be classier than naming your kid after some high-fangled record label, noted for delivering the masters to the rabble, and thus conferring upon our spawn the illusion of intelligence, and identifying us as total wankers?

So what about:
Hyperion
Naxos
Decca
Avie
Harmonia Mundi or our favorite,
Deutsche Grammophon!

Sadly, though we like Victor, by the way, all those really great 'V' names are out since our last name begins with 'D'.

7 Comments:

Blogger MrsFortune said...

Maverick? Not really one of the great ones, but ah ... Epiphone? That's a nice one. Virgin? Oh yeah, that'll do.

5:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... Interesting strategery. I'm going to have to go with Middle C.

Or what about Quaver (the british eighth note)?

I'll have to think more. However, my brain is fried from the Easter post (as you might imagine).

5:58 a.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

Isn't there something about a hemi-demi-semi quaver or am I making that one up.

I like the CBC selections - a few I didn't know. I have all of the Handel and the Mozart either on CD or computer (Rhapsody)

Listening to Kiri singing an aria from La Rondine. It's my day at the opera (virtually).

9:03 a.m.  
Blogger L. said...

Gwyneth beat you to it, by naming her kid Apple.


I like Naxos -- it sounds like a snack food.

10:07 a.m.  
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I like it, but can you imagine being that poor kid in Kindergarten learning how to spell his name? Sitting next to Ann or Max and he has to write Deutsche Grammophon?

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

I like the record label ideas, but I only know the less artsy ones. Electra would be good. But Mo-wo's offspring becoming Mo-town? Not sure about that one. Rap labels might be fun: Def Jam, anyone? Death Row?

11:41 a.m.  
Blogger Andrea said...

hey all over here in the valley land...
just checking in
My step-bro and his wife just had a baby and it took them three weeks to finally name him AFTER he was born. They had a list of 50 names, no joke, so we were just calling the poor guy Boy5 for a while.

11:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home