Sunday, April 09, 2006

Wo Family Open House Project Episode 3


So this week we didn't make any efforts to attend open houses though they are growing in number. I guess we maybe have made a turn one direction as last week we braved the hell of IKEA weekends and purchased, with some efforts, a new set of kitchen cabinets. So the reno hell is pending hard. I am currently whacking the side of my head repeatedly with frustration at my lack of renovation contractors. I actually had one promising lead in the midst of the Vancouver shortage and I failed to do the call back.

Damn, damn, damn.

To add to my pressing need to beat the p-man new home selection out with my new home reknow-vayshuns the following:

1. Another kick ass week at the park. The weather has been pretty good lately and all the families in the hood are out there everyday. 4 to 6 pm everyday we found a range of our neighbours in the thrall of the slide or swings. We have a couple new little friends for little girl... And, one pair of kashi cereals beggin' ducks have shown up despite the fact there is no pond.

2. Went out to friends place for a Saturday night wingdingadoo. They live in a newly acquired suburan castle... Oh my god I cannot go there. More space seems suicidal, just more room to keep a trillion pieces of kiddieobelia. Eew.

So I am off to get the Not So Big House book and a renovation team. I guess we'll be spending some time at my folks place this summer and I'll be honing my project management skills even on mat leave.

For lack of a better word, sheesh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I should be ashamed of my descent into childish behavior. I've been so much gloom and doom all week that when I spotted the stupid chicken, I couldn't resist.

10:05 p.m.  
Blogger Andrea said...

every single house that my family has ever lived in has been renovated. Ugh, is the only word I can think of.
Then just after we renovate it we move yet again into a crappy house, AUGH!!!

5:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home