Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Baby name selections for the week

You might have thought MetroDad had it all settled for us a while back with the suggestion of Apollo. We are, AMAZINGLY, still on our quest for a half decent name for a boy should one happen upon us.

This week for your feedback the names now declared out of the running.
Malcolm, mo-wo pick, p-man veto
Alistair, p-man pick, mo-wo veto
Parker, friends of ours just took this one... really for us, no loss
John Henry -- I have decided I am just waaaay to into that Johnny Cash: Live at Folsom album that has been left in my car.

You know I always really wanted to name my son James Garner. But p-man won't have it; damn Rockfish!

NB: MD, Apollonia is in the running for our next feline acquisition.

7 Comments:

Blogger nonlineargirl said...

My husband (the mathematician) kept suggesting names of dead mathematicians. On his behalf, I suggest the following 15th century scientists:

Blaise (Pascal)
Gottfried Wilhelm (Leibnitz)
Evangelista (Torricelli)

I double-checked this last one, and yes, Evangelista was a man. Or maybe a woman with excess hair.

2:56 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Appollonia is a great name! That will be some lucky cat (who should probably have a companion with the name Sheila E.)

5:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I absolutely love the fact that you like Malcolm and p-man likes Alistair. For some reason, those names seem so emblematic of each of your unique personalities and I love both choices. Too bad you each vetoed the other's choices on these. Have to admit though. There's something catchy about the name James Garner. Can we compromise here? How about something old-fashioned, rugged and semi-Anglican?

Like Remington Steele.

Think about it (although I still like Zeus and Apollo)

8:58 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

So that is two votes for Blaise. But sorry I think it won't work in the end for us. You need to understand p-man and I are smallish pasty people.. we are trying to find a little man that says 'don't mess with me'...

And, although in the liberal utopia of the USofA nothing says don't mess with me like 'named after kick-ass geometer' ... I just don't think it will play in Canada. So were back to Grant or or Pierre I suppose...

the hunt goes on..

8:22 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love:

Anything that shortens well, like Jake (Jacob), Theo (Theodore), Jamie (James), or Nick (Nicholas).

Aidan, Matthew, Kalen, Cormac, Flynn, Liam, Nolan, and Quinn are all favourites, too.

(Irish heritage much, Meg?)

12:51 p.m.  
Blogger jdg said...

Duncan.

4:26 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Damn, Dutch beat me to it... I love the name Duncan.

But John Henry is great too. How about just Henry. Or Henry James. Or Henry James Garner.

6:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home