Friday, July 13, 2007

Dumplings

I have recently come to understand that I must refuse good things. I don't like this, foreign to my disposition. I am a glutton at the smorgasboard of lunches with friends, storybook after storybook and playtimes in the park. Consider me a fiend for quality time in endless quantity. But time has shrunk. With two people who need to nap and poop and learn to feed themselves and walk then run... I don't have enough time.

When I try to 'make time' well. HA! I feel I am being forced to live life like some fiscal conservative. It seems at time it's all a system of cutbacks and downsizing. Certainly, there are too many good blogs to read I am still having hard times find my place in the agenda to write blog. (I miss it.)

Here's a little something more.

I have also recently learned I can find an equilibrium if I fake it til we make it. I call in thank-you notes. I microwave pasta. I choose friends over the lunch with friends. A couple weeks back I had to tell one of my loved ones, you know I love your cooking, but I love you more. Sometimes I will pass on the food to have the talk instead. It is maybe more nutritious. It always makes us feel good to see our friends. Like the sun, or good perogi, they give us energy. We really appreciate it.

Wishing you a happy energizing weekend with your loved ones.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

I am so the glutton, too, and I don't have time for what I want. It's sort of the modern condition, isn't it? I make time in fits and starts for things I've realized I'm missing. A weekend full of socializing, a weekend full of crafting, another for cleaning. Meaning nothing gets a lot, as I flit from thing to thing. I like the idea of making something smaller and more frequent, but I know I won't remember it again for a month, so I feel like I have to fill up while I'm with the person or activity, you know?

INteresting post, Mo.

7:12 a.m.  
Blogger mamakie said...

Time and balance - will we ever figure it out as mothers? And friends - what joy they bring into our worlds. I feel blessed to have the friends I have and have realized that time with them is key to my balance, whether it's an hour walk or evening out.

Last weekend was a "friend" weekend for us. This weekend is about family. A good balance. I hope you have a great weekend too.

11:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home