Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Tommorrow

I was 17 minutes late for the World at Six. I always like to listen to the World at Six on CBC radio. The only news done well half the time. I think I have heard it about twice in the last month.

It eludes me. My routine.

I crave it; sure it is only a day away. We'll finish breakfast at.... We'll dress in shifts. It will all dovetail with duplo and workbooks. Drop off then work. A clockwork orange. I will pu and there I'll do my one-on-one with the kids 5:00 to 5:30, oooh puzzles. P-man 5:30 to 6:00ish. While I put the food out (hey how did I make the food???) they can set the table. Hup-two montessori'ed minions. I'll hear the World at Six. We should go to the Y on Sundays, all swim, I'll step on the scale then. At least once a week. I should make two large meals for freezer and leftovers Sat/Sun/Mon etc. We'll bake once a week, not buy muffins, it saves the planet.

It seems simple. Widgets and timelines.

But it never happens. The days just flow, overflow actually. I chew and chew and chew my lip. Bristle at sniffs at my tenuous time management. A point of pride; stuck deeply. I feel a mess. Sniff sniff when someone might observe most of us are still in our pajamas 10:13 on a Saturday morning. What??? What are they saying, I'm lazy.

That's what I figure. Me, sloth. But how can I be lazy when I feel so tired?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brain is hardwired to hear The World At Six theme song and know that I MUST NOT TALK FOR ANY REASON AT ALL for the next 30 minutes, lest I incur the wrath of my father. Even now, I hear the music and feel dread. And I'm inordinately fond of Curried Soul for obvious reasons.

10:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband downloads the WAS as a podcast and listens to it on his way home on the bus - he gets home usually at 6:15 and has already heard it all.

Perhaps some similar sort of futzing could be done with your routine?

But also: cut yourself some slack, lady. It's only been 4 months, hardly long enough to get your feet under you in a mind-bending new persona AND save the planet AND make muffins.

6:43 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Buy muffins, please. Something has to drive this busted up economy. Store-bought muffins, it is!

7:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All families ought to have a pajama day once a month or so.. where no-one gets out of pajamas all day and everyone just hangs out reading and playing together. It's such a de-stressor. Just choose not to answer the door. Cocoon. Eat foods that don't need prepping. Just be.

9:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You capture things in words that I didn't even know I was feeling.

I am right there with you.

7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home