Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Our American Friends

When I was a kid America was great. My family was mostly made up of Anglophiles but still as I kid I knew America was GREAT. The land of spray cheese and the Electric Company and all manner of technology. The inventor of watermelon flavoured bubble gum and Lollipop bars I could walk 'across the line' to buy in Point Roberts.

When I was an adult in 2001 I did my Masters degree practicum in the UK. I was relieved. Ahhhh, this is more like it. Europe. North America suddenly seemed to be the New Old world. Canada fine. US not so great.

Today. Well, I might have things to covet across the line more often and again.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even with Obama's win, I'd still rather have a hobnob than an Oreo.

7:56 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

It does sort of make you believe in the magic of that country again, doesn't it?

6:54 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

So are you turning away from our "independence for cascadia" project?

12:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home