Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Recommended title: My very first Mother Goose




My very first Mother Goose / edited by Iona Opie ; illustrated by Rosemary Wells.

Candlewick, 1996.
ISBN: 1564026205

Subjects: Nursery rhymes

This is our recommendation for a great nursery rhyme collection. 60 selections by Iona Opie some less-known interesting ones (If I had a donkey and Dance to your daddy..) along side the top 20 hits (Hey Diddle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, etc.). What is the real seller for us with this one though are the Rosemary Wells illustrations and the graphics layouts. Fun and smart.

Remember this book, or one like it that you use, when it comes time for that next baby shower. All those books that tell you to talk to your baby are right, but what do you say??? A nice nursery rhyme book can help move the conversation ahead for any newborn and new parent. Besides doesn't matter what gender and these books are guaranteed to fit for years!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mo-wo said...

kinda of an odd thing that we have 3 nursery rhyme books we use regularly. i remember kind of 'disliking' these sorts of books when i was a kid.

maybe they only work for the under 3 crowd?

7:57 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

I hope I've made my last trip through Mother Goose land but I'll remember this one for the occasional baby shower.

Come to think of it, we're expecting a new grandson in a couple of months. My son's youngest is 13 so this was something of a surprise.

Read your comment on "L." "Huggable granny". Thanks.

8:18 p.m.  
Blogger Andrea said...

I have added this to my collection in Japanese!! Need to next find it in Chinese and when I get to Canada add it in English. I loved all of these stories when I was a kid.
I have also gotten the Grimm brothers collection. Not as complete as I would like but it is comming. For later years of course.
Love all of that stuff!!

8:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home