Thursday, August 16, 2007

But I Never Win Anything


That's not entirely true. Once, in 1981, I won a copy of the Who's first post-Moon LP by being the 14th caller. Go CFUN. It had been a long dry spell until recently when the following glorious email arrived, ostensibly from a local Thai food manufacturer:

Hi p-man,

I would like to extend my congratulations to you in winning PUD and Thai Food Manufacturer's “Take a Curry Camping” Contest. Your prize consists of a camping set, complete with tent and sleeping bag, and a cooler filled with delicious Thai Food Manufacturer's Curry entrées. Thank you for entering and I look forward to awarding your prize. I can arrange to drop your prize off to you, or you can pick it up here. Please let me know what works best for you.

Sincerely,
Person's Name Here


Person's Name
Sales Account Manager
Thai Food Manufacturer


The thing is, I don't recall entering any contest which would have me cavorting in the local undergrowth with a steaming hot red curry in one hand and a buck knife in the other. Perhaps I will call this person and find out if she wants my credit card number first.

***

Lululemon Bag Pearl of Wisdom for the Day:

DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW!

Oh wise bag, do what now? What? What? What?

P-man.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

Better than standing buck-naked in the undergrowth with stemaing hot curry...

1:23 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

That is the best contest name I have ever heard. You should be so proud.

7:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - congratulations!

I think the Lululemon bag is urging you to consider the great, underexplored world of curry camping.

I know I am, now, where I never did before.

5:58 a.m.  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

I have nothing witty to say.

And I blame cheesefairy.

7:12 a.m.  
Blogger Lumpyheadsmom said...

Yeesh. Do you really want to be camping - i.e. not around a flushing toilet - when that curry exits? I'm advising a one-nighter, at most.

7:41 a.m.  
Blogger L. said...

I keep clicking back to your blog to see how this turns out -- did you really win something? Or are they just trying to reel you in with your credit card?

The suspense is killing me.

9:01 a.m.  
Blogger Elaine Kerr said...

CFUN or was it CKLG?.....1974...a 4-pack of Steppenwolf albums (flat, black, circular, encased in cardboard)for some kind of draw. I listened to them once, no – 3 times. Still have them....Why?

Anyway, Hi from another Wet Coast Women blogger.

12:19 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please don't link to other people's images without their permission, please remove image.

9:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home