Saturday, November 10, 2007

You Can Dance If You Want To

(You go ahead... I'll mind your purse.)

We returned from my friend's fundraising event. It was held in a hall I have driven by innumerable times wondering "what goes on in there?" I need wonder no longer. NDP fundraisers. Whoo!

We arrived after the speeches, the dinner, the live sex show. We missed almost all of the good stuff, except this. Prior to this evening I was unaware of my taste for the sounds of a youth marimba ensemble. Now I am more self-aware. Thanks, NDP!

In terms of Movember, I am pleased to announce my moustache has my face resembling the hind portion of a chihuahua. Thatk goodness for breath mints.

PMO

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, they don't look like pole dancers. I guess times have changed.

9:20 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Yo! You got power after the windstorm? It feels awfully silent out there on the left coast. An NDP-fundraiser. How positively Vancouver.

11:18 a.m.  
Blogger p-man said...

Pole dancers, pole dancers, pole dancers. Some cannot get enough of the pole dancers. Or poll dancers, new in 2008!

We have power. We are just conserving it.

The point of the post (now I remember) was to illustrate that I did not dance, regardless of how danceable the music was. I cannot dance, not even with a pole, and I am ashamed.

11:52 a.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

God. Now I HAVE THAT SONG IN MY HEAD.

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Also, I grew up at NDP fundraisers. It's a BC thing, I guess. And a seventies thing, maybe, back in the day before there was such a thing as babysitters...

7:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home