Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Washed Out

Here are some random items

1. I look at Jessica Alba's pregnancy and do feel self-promotion is a part of it. Still, I am sincerely happy for her that she will not wait to have kids for all the artificial and -- now in my case -- silly reasons I did.

2. The best song to lull kids to sleep with in the car I believe to be the original work Jimmie by Diana Krall. I wonder if her twins like it.

3. I desparately did not want to have another weekly Wednesday post but my posting is in trouble. In the past 10 days I have spent a significant amount of time seriously considering the deep and facetted meaning of the Eency Weency Spider for that is just how I feel.

Have a nice day. And if you want to read a real post -- look here.

ps... Kitchen renovation underway.. what say ye -- ceramic tile floor or wood?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

Well, with kids I'd say wood b/c ceramic tile is hard underfoot, cold, and too easy to break things on. We're redoing our kitchen soon. I'm thinking cork.

5:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh I just spent 2 minutes considering the eency weency spider's fate and I'm already depressed. Anyway, every wednesday is better than no post at all..

I vote ceramic. We have stone or ceramic? not sure? tile in the kitchen and it's so easy to clean. Wood in the kitchen would make me too paranoid about spillage/warping/etc. & the coolness of tile is lovely in the summertime.

5:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go with tiles, but put in radiant heat.. warm in winter, turn it off in summer. If water gets into that laminate (if that's what you're thinking) from all that floor washing that I'm sure you do (teehee) then you're toast.

5:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wood. Tiles suck. They make your feet ache and your back throb if you have to stand on them for any length of time in anything other than ortho shoes. And when you want to renovate again (because yes, at some point you will forget the pain and do it all over; in this respect kitchens are like babies) tile and grout and subfloor are a bitch to tear up.

I can't keep my Jessica's straight? Biel? Alba? Simpson? Lange? Fletcher? I will only notice her when she names her child something hideous and random. ie Quayle Eggbert Biel.

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger crazymumma said...

wood. and in my dreams with radiant heat.

ceramic will kill your back and feet.

9:02 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I'm always in favour of wood.

And much of the reason we wait -to be well on our way careerwise, to be stable in finances, and so on - are not issues when you are a seriously bankable movie star, so I guess why not go ahead while you're younger?

4:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home