Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bad Parenting Confessional: The flesh is weak... Blank Verse

Another morning.
Another early morning discipline debate.

Soon nanny will be here
Consistent
Firm
Dispassionate.

I should go.

I am not firm enough.
We are not consistent enough.
My care substandard from its inexpensive love-laden weaknesses.
Whatever I want to tell myself...

****I am definitely a big supporter of diversifying childcare. I have often been first in to boost a childcare choice for a friend; keen to validate their distance making as a plus for wee ones. I tend to put it as 'growing the team' and describe how rejuvenating it can be for a family after the long haul of solo care of infants and growing toddlers. But I must admit today all that hides something FOR ME. I gues I feel that maybe, just maybe, I do recognize I -- alone -- am not enough. Especially as training and discipline goes I abdicate my otherwise iron-willed leadership.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

It's not growing the team I mind so much. It's the growing pains that come along with it. Sigh.

11:52 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

If only it wasn't so hard. If only she didn't scream as if she was being tortured during the whole 2 minute time out. If only she'd have a rational bone in her toddler body.

12:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home