Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Three Case Studies


When I meet pleasant blogger families in person it never fails to blow me away how incredibly life-like the husbands are. I am surprised. Not that the writing makes spouses seem wooden or anything. Oh, dear. What am I saying? Maybe I have bought into the words of our enemies; we all blog because we live insular, repressed lives that prompt our whining writing.

Noooooo, she reports.
Au contraire.

In my case study of three I have now proved that we blog because we all have rakish, genius, articulate and engaging husbands. It's like how people say if your spouse dies and you have a good marriage, you'll marry again soon. That shit creeps me out but it's undeniable.

Me. I'm a dreamer. I'd like to feel we were out here writing away because we need each other. Too bad for me and my dreams.

Thanks for coming over Famille de Fromage-Tamano

Tell me do you blog, just to show off your husband?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

It's my belief that if you have an empowering, stable relationship in the home, you seek them out elsewhere too. That's why we all blog despite having these cool, independent fellas around. We seeking even more community.

Or maybe we just like the sound of our own voices? 'Cause I certainly do.

7:03 a.m.  
Blogger Lumpyheadsmom said...

Yeah, my artist and math genius husband is worth bragging about. I've always held out hope that he would write a post now and then, but he never does.

7:53 a.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

I'm with Mad, I blog to hear myself type.

I do like people to see how cool Chris is, especially because he doesn't tend to crow about his own fine qualities.

(Your man is pretty great too, if I recall correctly.)

11:36 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Oh and I also want to guffaw at the choice of "rakish" for linking to my man. Ha. Ha, ha, ha.

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger BITE MY COOKIE said...

like you don't already know the answer to that? mmm. p-man.

2:47 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

It was pretty hard for me to assign those hrefs. They could be easily reassigned.

But Mad seriously -- there is a Olivier Matinee idol quality there -- or at least that Canadiens photo last year suggested one real-life did not deny....

6:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..I am actually a trophy wife. "sys admins do too get married!"

Believe it?

I second Mad. Why settle for idiocy in your relationships if you know the sublime exists?

I guess none of us would make very interesting TV for that Wife Swap show.

8:49 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

Yeah it's true. Network admin do tend to get all the girls.

10:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me do you blog, just to show off your husband?

No. Blogging is all about me. ME. ME! Damnit.

11:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home