Sunday, April 29, 2007

Talk to the Armpit

I think you know it seems to us like we're pretty busy with the two little guys, the new home and stuff. (Oh, yeah and p-man's new blog friends!) I don't have enough time to make the blog as good as I'd like. Neither do I have enough time to talk all the details of life out with my spouse. But I have come up with a great solution to both problems. I will simply air some of the backburner husband/wife items on the blog. I know he's a reader and it's a way more efficient communication medium than effing face to face. I am of course a multitasker at heart.

So welcome to my new feature in which I tell the p-man's what's what... right through the blog. I like to call it -- talk to the armpit. Why? Because that is the level I aspire to -- the shaved armpit. Mother of a 30 month old and one 9 month old seeks 20-25 minute shower with full complement of shaving options, wash products from L'Occitane thanks not Aveeno or Dove.. and no little assistants!

He tells me yesterday.. "I would like to get my swim program up to three days a week."
My response. "I would like to shower 3 times a week."
Later he pipes up.. "I think we should buckle down and finish the move in."
To this I say "I would like to go the bathroom, you know.. when I feel like it."

Screw it dude. I just read about the theory of overly self-sacrificing new momism in this great book! It is over dude. I am not taking word one of need until I get 1. a shower regimen that we all can live with and 2. unfettered bathroom access.

From what I understand this might be a long process.

This is a must-have book I want to talk and talk and talk about it. I am so grateful to the friend who gave it to me. It is like what gets covered on so many wonderful blogs.. but it's a book!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

Ooh, I want to check it out. I'm so about shaving when I can. Really helps with that not-so-fresh feeling, right?

5:28 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

My hubby is running a marathon, again, on Mother's Day. His training regimin far out weighs my hygeine regimin. Bugger.

Yet, he still rose to the occasion when I took off for the weekend so I guess I better suck it up for a bit.

11:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he likes the smell of pit-juice?

I'd like to get my video game regimen up to 8 hours a day, but we all make sacrifices. The least the p-man could do is buy you a "stadium pal"

7:12 a.m.  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

Good strategy.

Ugh. When does it end, though? Right now I can go to the bathroom when I want but not alone (or if so, there's a knock within 20 seconds..."Mama? Whatchoo doing, Mama?"

Good luck.

12:29 p.m.  
Blogger p-man said...

In further and continued defence of the indefensible I have fond memories of the sock and birkenstock-clad German up-country tourists of the 1970s with their hairy regions and propensity towards public urination... maybe this is not so much a defence as a plea for help. Help!

1:06 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

I face this kind of thing a lot. Luckily C has a fairly flexible schedule, but I do routinely find myself trying to decide how to deal with his desire to play basketball (or whatever else). I am up to a daily shower, so that's good. Good luck with more showering.

9:51 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Hell, I still just have the one and she goes to daycare and I'd STILL like to shower three times a week... or go pee alone for a change. I swear they come around when you're on the can because they know you can't be a moving target.

7:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home