Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bloggers are People too

Catching wind of news that a wonderous little girl and her bad momma would be in our environs I hopped to it, flashing my minivan and such-like tourismo offers for little blog-on-blog action. Yep I got somewhat cleaned up and dusted off my self-confidence hoping not to make too much a fool of myself in front of company. We made a date to meet up.

At first it felt a bit like that trip to the Suzy Shier for the Mike Reno album signing back in '83. In the end it was a lot more like when my second cousin comes for a visit every 8 years. I mean I know of her but I don't really know her. At times I can be a bit shy about letting daylight upon magic but when really pressed I am a sucker for people. You know people? I like them. It turns out bloggers are people and it was very nice to see this famous blogger -- and especially that Girl Wonder. They are nice people.

As I continue to read all that HBM writes it will be with a deepened delight in the pictures. I was generally grateful for the bright sunshine on Saturday but somewhat more for the smirks and word or two from that lovely little girl. A very friendly little one who would toss a hand upwards to be led about by her mom or my girl or my girl's mom. That's always nice, a sweet friendly baby. I was quite charmed by her reticence about the fish jail quite understandable really from one so clearly committed to all things free and bipedal at the moment. Dear girl who made my baby boy smile as she announced him baby! (she will make a good big sister someday I reckon.) Tough stuff not to be pushed around by my two year old who thinks tag is a mother-licensed version of push and shove. That Girl Wonder gave her a yell each time and drowned out my predictable apologies and the questionable trailing "I'm sorries" from my girl.

I am but a year from having a little person her size in my clutches -- again. I am but a year hence from having same. How soon we forget. Gawd and gasp they are a hoot at that age. And, yep be jealous y'all. I've heard it. While it surely can be read by you from the true vigour of her mother's words it will henceforth be a little nicer for me as I have now heard the authentic Wonder Baby hoot in person. So nice to step out with you all, thanks HBM.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her Bad Mother AND Mike Reno? Dude, you get all the best celebrities...

2:53 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

What fun!! To meet both the Bad and the Wonder at once.

I am going to be hooking up with a few of my favs this weekend, gasp, and I am all a titter.

7:25 p.m.  
Blogger Granny said...

It's so much fun meeting other bloggers. I'd never do the huge conferences but I can manage a few at a time.

Don't tell L. but I was quaking in my boots on my first trip to meet her. That changed the minute I saw her smiling face.

7:50 a.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Oh, man, for shame, but this actually brought tears to my eyes because I am SUCH A SAP.

It was such, such a pleasure. We'll do it again.

7:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home