Tuesday, April 17, 2007

At Home

A tad less than 10 years ago we relocated for p-man to complete his articles. I was unemployed for about 4 months. I found it hard without the regular cycle of action and accomplishment a day job offers. Entering my 9th month of mat leave, the second in 3 years, where I am today seems similar. At times I get the reminiscient absence of confidence that this sort of solitude engenders.

Tomorrow I'll make my application for an additional 6 months of leave without pay for parental leave. I have some mixed feelings about it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

It is so hard, isn't it? I often think that if I had a second, I would stay home but then the wheels get spinning deep inside me and I don't know if I could. The ideal always seems to be something slightly different than what we have.

10:08 a.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

See, I never really had a 'career'...work that I loved or was totally fulfilled by...

I am also not alone with the kids either..

But I love it.
Broke as we are.

11:08 a.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I'm hearing what you're saying, lady. Parenting is a tough gig, and I assume even tougher if there are two to parent. If you stay home it's a sacrifice. If you go back to work it's a sacrifice.

Sometimes being a mother is just not fair. *stomping foot*

5:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I'd really like? Really, really? To be independently wealthy. Then I could work when I wanted, at what I wanted, and never work if it wasn't something I loved.

Which is not to say I don't love what I do, mostly. I just don't love it all day, every day, five days a week.

1:56 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, ten years... the time, she does fly eh?

10:40 a.m.  
Blogger Andrea said...

I have not yet experience leave like that. I didnt et it with TodlerJi. in many ways I understand your feeling totally in others I am so jelous.
Enjoy it while you can.

4:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home