Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sing Song Sung


Well swum, swan.

Seven songs... I am not hep to this interweb song-purchase thingie, nor the majesty of satellite radio, and I haven't got a functioning iPod. Well, I own one, but the battery is buggered and I can only use it when it is plugged in. It was free. I got what I paid for. Anon, to the exciting list of listness. Up until this moment, we all were listless.

But I digress further. I question the propriety of cheesy little posts like this, typed from the calm of my office (sorry boss), given the subject matter of Mo's recent offerings. She's observing the meat of life. I am describing its fur.

And another thing. I will not tag anybody because everyone I know of has been tagged. If you are reading this and have a burning desire to create a list of the nature described - fill your boots.

Allman Brothers Band: One Way Out

This is a fine song about cheating, or maybe about what to do in the face of imminent arrest. I have listened to it on a Fillmore East compendium. It makes me think of Cher and Sonny (may ski forever on a treeless slope). Cher, baaabe, who's in there with you?

Wilco: Kicking Television

If only I could.

Barry Adamson: 007, A James Bond Fantasy Theme

Have no fear, because Bond is black.

East Bay Rhythm: A Little Love Will Help

J'aime beaucoup le disco workout. Find yer own link, or better yet, buy the cd.

The Stranglers: Walk on By

But Bacharach was clearly this band's idol. Note the clever air banding and premature conclusion to the same in the attched vid. If only I had some ability to link you to an actual online music service... I hope somebody invents one soon.

Frank Zappa: The Illinois Enema Bandit (1976)

The title ought suggest the deep and unabashed impropriety of both the lyricist and his subject. Here is the disco version.

Fiona Apple: Extraordinary Machine

I don't... know.

So that's it. I had half hoped to come back to this site with a great post dealing with umbrella strollers and class issues, or an expensive holiday I have taken with my family and retinue of alien staff, or run-ins with evil garden pests. Like, "I saw this waif with her baby strapped into an umbrella stroller the other day, and I thought to myself, where is the umbrella? What a stupid name. Or, I just returned from a family vacation in Havana. Sorry I couldn't post, but they haven't got high speed there, and we were busy stocking up on domestics... or, I was in a car accident the other day, and this slimy fellow handed me his card. So I drowned him in a bowl of beer! Maybe a book review... oh well.

P-man.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger mo-wo said...

i'm snorting my tea honey.. YES TEA! They are sleeping and things are moving ahead.

And, it took the mere assistance of 3 adults to get us to this point today!

Of course all great picks. One way out is really my favorite, too; but it would have been justifiable simply for the pic selected.

2:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, this is why I tagged you...very eclectic (although I can barely contain my apathy for the Allman Brothers)

And I'm with Mo-Wo...the pic is spectacular

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger N. said...

Nothing cheers me up like someone mocking a celebrity's undignified death. Especially a Republican celebrity.

Good list. The Allman Brothers don't earn my apathy (sorry for the dissent, croutonboy) but Fiona Apple? Really?

Bacharach should be the idol for more musicians today. If that was the case, I might listen to the radio more frequently.

11:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home