Thursday, May 10, 2007

When He's Not Choking to Death


...on someone else's vomit, Jeff Monaghan is a bureaucrat, an employee at a book store, and a musician. Of course, according to the CBC, our fine government-funded national broadcaster, he is not really any of these things. He is, in turn, a low-level bureaucrat, an employee at an anarchist book store, and a drummer. According to the RCMP Mr. Monaghan is in trouble. According to his employer, he is likely fired. (I guess. People have done worse and kept their jobs.) According to me, this guy cracks me right up. He's trying to do the right thing and I applaud him for his efforts. The government of today cares little for the environment (or their kids, who will have to live in it). This is not to endorse the main alternative... far from it. I think his commitment to the environment may well begin and end with the naming of his dog. I have a dog. His name is Ankles. Does this mean I am a podiatrist? Fuck no!

Nonetheless our fearless national broadcaster ran a story tonight in which it attempted to paint an unflattering and dangerous picture of Mr. Monaghan. The book store is menacing. Mr. Monaghan wears Converse sneakers with slacks and a tie! His band's logo features a plane flying towards and one supposes, on a different shirt somewhere, into the House of Parliament. And, the plane... it has eyes! And eyebrows... oh, the horror!

PMO

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

Ya, this story nearly knocked me on my keister. I didn't realize that in Canada you could get arrested for embarassing your bosses. If Harper isn't careful, he's going to have a country full of martyrs to the cause on his hands.

6:37 a.m.  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

I haven't been following this story (where have I been?). I can't imagine that reporting that someone wears converse with their work clothes is really enough to make the guy sound bad, but then I didn't hear the report...and I probably live in a big, ridiculous liberal bubble. Yay for me!

And, uh, Ankles. Tee hee.

8:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the headline and I think my brain snapped....and I didn't read the story...

so i guess everyone who disagrees with Harper will be disappeared next.

9:25 a.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

And we laughed and laughed and laughed... and then we laughed again.

4:39 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Mo-Wo. I answered you in the comments at my place.

8:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home