Monday, August 20, 2007

Camping With Curry Postscript


I took a call on the evening of the previous post from Ms. Person's Name of Thai Food Manufacturer. She was eager to give me my prize. "I'll bet she's hot, I mean, generous" said I to Mo. "Grgghh," said she as she inserted BBQ tongs in a place where only the most foolhardy customs officials dare to visit.

The next day Ms. Person's Name attended at my place of business to provide me with my prize which consists of:

- one slim cooler, manufactured by the latex maid
- ten frozen Thai entrees, by the Thai Food Manufacturer
- one camping set which includes a tent, two sleeping bags, and two chairs.

I didn't even have to establish that I own a credit card, let alone provide it to the generous Ms. Person's Name upon meeting. It's legit: I won a contest. Knock me down with a sprig of lemongrass.

Reclining,

p-man

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

Woah. I feel like I should say something along the lines of:

Dude! Sweet!

3:21 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

So....did you enter, and just forgot you entered?

Or was it more mysterious than that???

6:06 p.m.  
Blogger p-man said...

I did not enter. Mo entered me by ordering frozen entrees made by the said manufacturer from a local produce delivery outfit. C'est vrai - we have dead vegetables delivered to our home. I am yuppy scum. Some yuppie scum purchase, I don't know, fancy chairs or German autos. I purchase vegetables.

On further consideration, what the fuck is wrong with me?

11:03 p.m.  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

That was unexpected.

12:57 p.m.  
Blogger Bon said...

that made me happy, i must say.

though i still, in my cultural ignorance, don't reall think of thai food (oh, how i love it!) as camping food. can you seriously cook curry on a hibachi?

7:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too marvelous. But too bad no free beer. Camping ain't camping w/out beer. Even - especially? - Thai camping.

9:16 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

What could be better than reheated frozen thai over an open flame? Oh wait, reheated frozen thai over an open flame, followed by relaxing in one's very own, new and free tent!

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home