Tuesday, August 21, 2007

There's just an empty space


So what is it that has me thinking my life is as gay as a pack of Phil Collins lyrics?

Well I'll tell you what. After a day of an exhaustion too crushing to leave me able to reassemble the blender and thus walking away from the whole kitchen. And after a weekend of varied parental ruin resplendent with cheap discipline and poor or no napping, 100% nitrate based nutrional solutions... After all that I was given this tonight!



Ah, the Fresco. A robust replacment for the five-year-old Bonjourno I had to retire last month. The beloved oh-so-barely-out of the doghouse p-man took it upon himself to pick this up for me today as a postscript to his workin' man barista -based interlude circa 10:25.

Bless you, husband.

You know for a week or so I have been pretty deep in the 'what am I doing here?' I miss work. I miss the opportunities to kick butt and be heard. I miss my old latte for breakfast, latte for lunch, followed by a sensible dinner routine. I think it was when the Bonjourno gave out that was the straw that broke this camel's back. While I can persist in this imp driven impatience-o-vision universe it is less rosy without the comfort of fuzzy milk.

Honey, you're the only one who really knew me at all.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger p-man said...

Fucking thing doesn't work. Helloooo Rover.

8:41 a.m.  
Blogger Lumpyheadsmom said...

Great. Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day.

10:49 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Okay, laughing at your Phil Collins, first of all. But let me add - I've been kicking butt all damn summer. Hell, my leg is sore. But somehow, I STILL don't feel like anyone is listening. Sigh.

12:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hasn't Starbucks invaded Canada yet? No reason to make your own lattes at home. That's so Euro, n'est-ce pas? Ahh...what do I know? I don't even drink coffee.

11:51 a.m.  
Blogger CroutonBoy said...

we've been through three of those, as Oodgie has a fetish for what she sophisticatedly calls "fuzzy milk"

does is stir Thai food?

6:36 a.m.  
Blogger L. said...

I know that "miss work" feeling. I just went back to work, and I have that "happy-to-be-at-work" feeling. My co-workers tell me to enjoy it, because it won't last -- and I think they're right.

I don't quite know how to describe it -- over my two years as a SAHM, I enjoyed every minute I spent with my kids, but I certainly didn't enjoy every moment I spent not working. In years past, when I was at work, I longed to be spending sunny, carefree afternoons at the park with the kids, but a couple of years at home really drove home the point that it's not all about sunny, carefree afternoons.

4:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home