Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bon Boyage

Last week I traveled across the wee Salish Sea from Vancouver to Victoria. I traveled solo with my 3 1/2 year old and my near 2 year old.

It was waaay-hey-hayyyyy outside my comfort zone. I am the queen of over-doing the luggage and homepacked snacks in triplicate. I am a TV-phobic helll-ie-copter parent and a half really. How would I survive? I couldn't even use the van? Gasp!

Thanks to the fine catering supplies available through Starbucks, yahoo Happy Planet smoothies! And Allah be praised on board Little Bear broadcasts at the perfect time it was smooth sailing for us. So what they didn't really have a meal for two days? They loved visiting Uncle Wo. It was worth it.

In fact, I would say it was all good news. I discovered how much more my kids can do when not in the straight-jacket of my normal routines. I was, to be honest, pretty proud of them. That is certainly good news for them.

My favorite part? Had to be my boy who would extend a hand and bark 'stick together!' A solemn pout making clear that he feels that the process of sticking together begins at the palm. I'm with you little man. Anywhere you go.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

who o hoo..
I find too that we were as a great team when out of the 'norm'

this is my vervent prayer at disneyland

1:27 p.m.  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

Thank goodness you gave me another explanation for why my child seems to develop leaps and bounds when she's at Grandma's house....it's not that I'm a bad mother, it's that she's not straight-jacketed by normal routines!

phewf.

1:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home