Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Recommended Title: Mungo and the Picture Book Pirates

Mungo and the picture book pirates / Timothy Knapman.

Puffin, 2006, c2005.
Subjects
Books and reading -- Fiction
Imagination -- Fiction

ISBN:
0141380608; 9780140569742 (pbk.)

Wow. What a long time it has been since I have posted a simple recommended title. But I do love doing it.

I was quite surprised to have trouble finding this book in the library when a good friend suggested it for us. When I purchased it I guess I could see why the public library might not have it. It is not a very sophisticated book. But we have really come to love it, both our boy and our girl. This is a great gender cross-over pirate book. And it is where our daughter learned the phrase 'jump right into a book'. For that reason alone I think more libraries should get this book.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is the name of the "Plucky Cabin Girl" that drives your admiration? We always think of you when we read this!

9:17 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I wonder if Mungo is name for explorer Mungo Park?

I do like some of the Pirate Queen picture books out as well, though I must confess I dont' really have a soft spot for pirates overall. Despite a hilarious pirate-inspired phrase that Pumpkinpie has started using that I'll be putting in a quotation roundup sometimes soon because it cracks me up.

4:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home