Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Design Tuesday

We bought our house in November 2006. We took possession Feb 15 and started working on it right away. Since we are grown ups with children now we hired these people called professionals so we got a lot more done than back in our hardcore DIY days.

Bascially in one year we have redone everything except the laundry and rec rooms. I am pretty damn happy with all my design work and general contracting skills. We got a lot out of our $$$ and I found a really wicked team of renovators to help us. Case in point my custom cabinetry in two bathrooms and the kitchen.

We are almost done. Just a few more tile challenges. I really love buying tile. My daughter has lots of tiles to play with from all our shopping trips. (It is surprising I never did put tile on the kitchen floor by the way, wood won out. Easier on the feet and pretty low maintenance.)

Just a little late night layout time tonight.



Note the casserole from the in-laws and an open container of HaagenDaz. A renovation this massive is not enough to spoil me. I need free food and chocolate!

I love this tile, it is 100% recycled glass that we made a special trip to get it from Seattle. It rocks!

... One four inch, two x two's or a two by four? That box is the tile puzzle box my Dad made for his granddaughter to play with her tile collection in. The work the kids did Sunday really gave us the best layout we could come up with.

After this it is off to the new WC that was inspired by our Paris '04 trip. I am simply unable to decide among all these beauties. Is it just me or do these put the Beaux back into Beaux-Arts? Ok they are Art Nouveau, but hey I do design off any book learnin' or nothin'. You tell me is this pretty?



I am just getting to the home styling phase and I promise I will post a bunch of pictures then. Posts that will include a number of my recommended products for any brave new renovators out there. And, I think you know who you are.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What great tiles. I have tile envy. And now I want some ice cream.

10:19 p.m.  
Blogger Lumpyheadsmom said...

Gorgeous.

8:31 a.m.  
Blogger clara said...

Those tiles are stunning. Worth the trip. Also, the pendant lights over the sink - lovely lovely. Makes me want to sit in your kitchen at 2 am and eat grilled cheese sandwiches.

(Am assuming you have chairs. I could bring my own.)

2:11 p.m.  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

oooooh I LOVE those tiles..I too really like the glass one's...awesome.

11:02 a.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I like the glass tiles - but then, I always like the most translucent quality of glass tiles, where you can just get this sense of depth, even if they are frosted.

And the nouveau tile? I may some day put something like that around my fireplace, but that's a long way down the list. Nice.

If you lived closer I'd totally be asking for recommendations, because I'm a little scared to get going when the time comes!

11:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home