Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Messy Breakup

So we had a nice luncheon for nanny today, ice cream, cards and little prezzies. She is entirely sick of us, our instabilities, our renovations; she is off to a new job. She says she's done with nannying. It was as nice a goodbye as I could muster...

...Considering work, called at 9:18 today to tell me the guy who took my job has resigned. I could start back as soon as May 5. To make it all worse I have seen this coming for 3 weeks, or maybe it was 5 months?

If anyone has a therapy method, book, pill, or drink that will make this all go away name your price!

More to come....

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it at all possible that you are not a real person but rather a character in a screwball comedy? Think about it. The improbable plot twists. The bad timing. The home renovations that test your patience and your humour. The fact that your husband is being portrayed by Tom Hanks.

It all makes sense now.

Can me the sardonic, side kick who brings moments of brevity to your trials and tribulations. PRETTY PLEASEQ

3:27 p.m.  
Blogger nonlineargirl said...

I am on the edge of my seat. What will you do? At the very least get some good groveling from once and possibly future employer

3:32 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh, geez. Not only is it really maddening to be put on an emotional roller coaster like that, but it also has this quality of making you feel like second pick, which is not nice, either. Jerks. But I am really curious to see how this plays out...

4:02 p.m.  
Blogger mo-wo said...

You know sometimes I want to become a SAHM in the vain attempt to be as wise as AlphaDogma.

Thanks for the words, all.. it does really help, you know.

4:26 p.m.  
Blogger clara said...

This makes me want to swear. A lot.

Wouldn't it be nice to tell them to suck it. But will you. I am awful curious.

6:52 p.m.  
Blogger Lumpyheadsmom said...

Wow. Just, wow.

6:45 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Holy shit. Like, holy shit. But you're only 2 myths in...

This is one odd pile of crappola you're being dealt, dearest Wo.

5:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shut up!?
Really???

Ok.. come on!!!!???

I can't think of anything remotely good or positive to say to you....

seriously...who did YOU piss off in another life!!??

5:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Note to self: proof read comments before publishing, lest you look unedumacated. What is with the random Q in my last comment?

4:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home