Tuesday, April 22, 2008

52 reasons: When a myth is more a mistake

Here is the latest installment in my 52 reasons for never thinking I could be a stay at home mother, and now where am I?

I don't really fit in as a SAHM because of the all the protocol shit. Sure I once worked in a royal palace, and I have invited two lieutenants-general to dinner without incident but preschool? I am an hick!

Yep, I'm the mom who loses the birthday invite and misses the party. And then I'm the one who still doesn't get it that I need to cough up a gift until I get given the deluxe in absentia loot bag. I can't pick the birthday boy out of a line up but I guess I better wrap up a nice gift by lunchtime tomorrow.

I guess I might hope to be better than this... but I'm not. No myth here some of this etiquette is too serious for me.

ps... We have turned on comment moderation. We haaaayte it! but we wanted to whack the spam a bit and thought we'd try it out. I figure we'll turn it off soon, it is only slightly less/more irritating than word ver. stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate party politics. Where's a whip when ya need one?

Are you in the Mothersvoice program? I didn't see your name on the intro page.

9:36 p.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

I suck at that shit too.

6:44 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Thanks, AD. If you hadn't left that comment I would never have noticed the email from Trish in my junk box. Erg.

7:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no, that's totally silly that you would be guilted into a mass consumerism attitude and buy a gift for a child who just received a tonne of gifts from their birthday party. Come on, mama, think of the planet! Don't *buy* into that kinda mama-crap.

I hate goodie bags, all that small, useless plastic garbage going into landfills.. goodie bags and McHappy toys.. ugh!!!

So if the party-mama didn't know if Miss Fancy was going to the party or not cause you lost the invite and therefore didn't RSVP, she had a goodie bag online for Miss Fancy -- I think it was poor, guilt-inducing judgement on her part to then hand that goodie bag over at school instead of just redistributing the goodie bag somewhere else. Let the insanity stop at that point, don't be led into it by then buying the birthday kid a present!

12:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home