Thursday, April 17, 2008

Inadequacies


Western civilization is set for decline. There is adequate proof of that. My proof?

There are no socks.

I have bought many socks. Cheap socks, expensive socks, womens and mens. They all fail. Within about 5 washings all socks fail. Collapsed calf sections, pilling, size 4 ankle knit to size 8 foot segment.

If this society cannot even supply socks then it is all over. Case in point, Rome. No socks. Atlantis? No socks. Machu Picchu. No socks.

Please, if there are socks, my dear distant ethereal friends, tell me where. How.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kittenpie said...

I have socks. Though I have two less as of this last load of laundry, so you may be on to something...

10:48 a.m.  
Blogger Mad said...

Darn it!

(That was my granny's favourite joke.)

11:01 a.m.  
Blogger clara said...

after my extended whine a few months ago re: no tall socks, my friend gave me a gift card for sock dreams. I went sock wild. I gave one pair to my mom. She loved them so much she ordered 3 more pairs of this specific sock.

Apparently they wash well (she has no dryer) and have just the right tension about the ankle so they stay up but do not bind.

The socks I ordered for myself were mainly of the knee-or-higher variety and I found them all to be quite excellent.

So. And you don't have to go to the mall to get them.

I could lend you some socks when I give you your maternity stuff back?

Or you could go look here and ignore the Japanese fetish socks.

9:05 p.m.  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

Nice to meet you briefly last night at the WCW meet up. Hopefully we can all do it again sooner than later.

Cheers!

9:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home