Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Recommended title: Sector 7



Sector 7.
by Wiesner, David
Clarion, 1999.
Subjects
Empire State Building (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction
Clouds -- Fiction
Stories without words

ISBN: 0395746566

We have been quite remiss not to have yet sung to the high heavens praise for our latest love in the stories without words category. To say Sector 7 is beautifully is illustrated is inadequate. It is awesome in the actual meaning of the word. And, it is a damn entertaining tale. This is a great book. We are certainly not alone in our love of all things Wiesner so don't just take our word for it. And, while these reviews are coming from little girls' mommies (and dads!) I think this is a don't miss for the next little boy gift you seek. I might make it a vitural gift to this little shot with a nod to his artful eye.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mad said...

I love this book. I once did a display in my collection of wordless picture books. It's such a rich genre.

FYI, Wiesner just won the Caldecott on Monday for his latest.

8:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Shot's mom is on a blogging break but Little Shot will be over the moon when I show him that you mentioned him on your blog. The boy is in love with blogging ... well actually getting to use daddy's camera and then having people compliment him on it ... he's in love with that.

3:25 p.m.  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Wiesner,is just awesome. His artwork always gets me thinking. I loved using his books as writing prompts with my students. I need to get some of his books in my house!

6:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home