Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Skip to my Lou

Yesterday we went to a dance class. My son screamed and squealed with delight watching the girls dancing.. do I smell a Producer?? And, Miss Fancy? Well, she said like 10 times, "This is fun, Mum."

I am pretty glad I quit my job. Yep, I quit that sideline gig (still got my regular job to return to next ???). Let's face it was doing the shittiest job EVER. And, if I hadn't I would have spent another moment like the one described above looking over my shoulder wondering if I would get busted for doing the shittiest job ever. So 6 more months of mat leave... and I will enjoy these guilt free.

You know on the way to Roots of Empathy yesterday I thought about how I really got the nerve to do it. How? Part of it was individuals with a knack for helping with this sort of crisis.. but it was also the acceptance and self-acceptance I have built in this blogourhood of parenting. I think?

Know what I mean?

3 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Wait..I missed the "I quit" bit....

Fill me in!!!

And glad she likes the dancing...with us all being ill and so on I didn't get around to signing Caity up PLUS I couldn't figure out what to do with Adam....
Always a problem after one stops being a baby.....

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

You Canadians have this amazing maternity leave. I'm always so surprised when new Canadian mothers rush right back to work a few months after their babies are born. Not that I blame you, but I believe in taking full advantage of every situation that is handed to me. So, in the spirit of maternity leave... Hurrah! Enjoy the next six months!

6:38 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

"Do whatever feels right for you" might be the worst possible advice to give to teenagers regarding their sexual activity (at least without including a zillion or so caveats) --- but it is the BEST possible advice for working parents to follow!

ENJOY! Life is too short to waste feeling guilty.

9:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home