Saturday, May 03, 2008

It Takes Two Babe

Assvice on having two children is called for in celebration of this month's bloggerly baby shower! Well you don't have to ask me twice. I posted on this last October when the news broke. Here's my spot on you-will-expire-without-my-input input from back then...

Don't look to me to sugar coat. Having more than one child is hard work but not really as mind shatteringly hard as learning to have a child at all. You have been through that and fared well. Soldier on.

So what is the hard part? Simply put it is that you have now made the choice to entangle two souls. You will make two people risk their feelings on each other, and they are each your children.
... (click for unabridged.)

If you click do follow some of those links in there they hold a lot of great comments from smart women. Including the lifesaving remarks of the incomparable Mary P. on this post. I basically got credit for her education of me on Kittenpie's blog tonight and in the spirit of rigorous citation I had to say something.

The second best bit of advice I got was don't leave the baby with the big kid. They can kill them. This is a good point and something I hadn't noticed in any of the standard baby reference works so I thought I'd pass that on. Around here we are so far so good on that score.

Very best wishes to you all from the Wo family at this time of inordinate change and adventure.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much! :)

1:08 p.m.  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Thank you, friend. I think I would trust leaving my baby with my dogs before I'd trust leaving her w/ Chicky. Dogs can't smother with pillows!

5:04 p.m.  
Blogger L. said...

I left the big ones (then aged 5 and 7) in charge of watching the newborn third one when I showered. In retrospect, I wonder if this was a good idea, because I left them with only the vague instructions, "If he cries, make him stop."

And hey, thanks for your comment on my post today. Good times!

9:42 p.m.  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Wow, I didn't know they could "kill"...!!!

11:28 p.m.  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Yeah, leaving the wee one with E? Not so much. She could kill *me*, never mind a mini.

Thanks for this, friend. xoxox

6:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should suggest that for "Second Baby's Best Chance" which I can't help but notice does not exist.

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Mary P is awesome. And yeah, even the sweetest can turn sour in a flash, and have nothing really holding them back yet. Daycare is my solution to that...

11:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home